Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy's Father's Day Card

I wanted to make a cute Father's Day card for Joe and had seen some examples using letters to spell out DAD. All the examples I had seen were with younger babies who weren't mobile yet, but I decided we would give it a try, so... We went to Michael's, found some wooden letters and got some paint. I had an idea that this might not go so well when Joey decided he didn't like to touch the letters in the store. I went ahead and bought them anyway. I got them home, painted them, got covered in paint myself and waited for them to dry. Once I got Joey all ready, here's how things went...
I finally got Joey to touch the letters, but he wouldn't hold them low enough to see his face.

Next he just got up and walked away.


But Mom, you know I hate grass!

Ooh! The camera... and so I gave up! We'll try again tomorrow.

Tomorrow, back into yesterday's clothes...
Okay, I've bribed the child with a small Hess firetruck. Seems to be working!!

Or not! I don't want to hold these letters!

This is what I think of your idea!

The finished product! Even though it's not what I had planned, I thought it came out pretty cute! Joe loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment