Monday, October 5, 2009

My first cake for charity!

Last week I made my first cake for Free Cakes for Kids. I received an email that there was a little boy who was turning 4 and his mom couldn't afford a cake for him. She said he loved Spongebob and I knew the perfect cake for him! I called his mom on Saturday morning to tell her I would meet her with the cake at a grocery store near her house. She called me about 5 minutes before I got there (about a 30 minute drive for me) and said she couldn't get a ride to meet me. She had her aunt pick the cake up and I was a little disappointed that she didn't come and I never got to meet the little boy. When I got home I had the nicest email in my inbox. She said she was in tears and that the little boy LOVED the cake. She said he wouldn't let anyone near it! Getting her email made it so worth while! I can't wait to make another one!
Here's a pic of the cake. It was a really fun one to make and even Joe helped!



No comments:

Post a Comment