Monday, March 29, 2010

D-d-d-dora!!

I made this Dora cake for one of my friend's little girl's 3rd birthday! She left the design pretty open to me and this is what I came up with. Dora is actually a candle, but the rest of the decorations are made of fondant. The cake was made from the Darn Good Chocolate Cake recipe and was filled with chocolate buttercream! Yumm!

This cake was actually a lesson learned! I knew that eventually some catastophe would happen, but I was hoping it would be far off and minor... of course that would never happen. When I took the bottom tier layers out of the oven, I just barely burned my hand, but I ended up dropping the cake. :( I dropped it right on the oven top and it broke in half. Luckily this happened before I got to decorating and I was able to whip another one up real quick. Lesson learned... two hands with real oven mitts.



No comments:

Post a Comment