Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sunken Gardens

Sunken Gardens is a century old botanical garden in the middle of busy St. Petersburg. It's like a little oasis in the middle of chaos. When you stand in the middle of the garden, you are actually 15 feet below street level. The garden was, at one point, a giant sink hole! It's beautiful! I could spend hours and hours there taking pictures of flowers and plants I'd never seen in my whole life!

Joey immediately burst into tears when we walked into the garden. I don't know what set him off, but he was NOT happy! After a couple of minutes and a realization that he was allowed to run wild, he was happy as a clam!


It was a chilly 46 degrees on the day I picked to go to the shaded garden. It's not often we get to wear our winter coats in Florida!

This was the coolest little tree! It's a little hard to see in the picture, but the fronds grew out of the tree in a spiral!


Me and my babies!

Beautiful peach angel trumpets!


The canopy!

One of the most beautiful roses I've ever seen!


This seems like a chair for two...


Yep, definitely for two!

White trumpet.






One lone Monarch in the dead of Winter!

Joey was so funny! He wanted to pet the flowers and say hi to them all!

Picture taken by Cameron!
Cameron in the Japanese garden.

Joey was really fascinated with all the little pagodas!


And this one I threw in because it was just too funny! Since it's been so cold lately, I've been wearing a scarf. Joey has a love for all things soft and has really taken a liking to my chenille scarf! He's been wearing it around the house lately. He cracks me up!


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!

    Would you mind if I put a link to your blog post on Sunken Gardens' facebook page?

    ReplyDelete