Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Joey's Birthday!

My baby is growing WAY too fast!! I can't believe his 2nd birthday has come and gone already! It seems like just yesterday we brought him home in his little infant carrier. Now he's running and jumping and starting to talk. He knows what he likes and what he thinks is funny. He has his own little funny personality. I guess my baby isn't really a baby anymore!
We had Joey's birthday at Millennium Park on Saturday and it turned out great. The weather was perfect; 68 and sunny! Joey had a blast playing on the playground, eating cake and opening all his gifts!
I didn't get a whole bunch of pictures, but I know there are a lot more coming from family!
He didn't want to open anymore presents after this truck! He just wanted to play with it!

Daddy helping Joey blow out the candles!

Poking his fingers in the cake!

Me and my sisters!

Here's a better picture of the cake. This was not the cake I intended to make. I had an idea for a cute little owl on a branch with little pinecones and trees, but Joey had other plans. I was looking through cakes on www.cakecentral.com to get some last minute ideas when I clicked open a picture of a Mickey Mouse cake. Joey started pointing and saying "yeah, yeah" and "mmmm", so I guess he made the decision. Mickey Mouse it was! I think it turned out really cute! Some unsuspecting person will be getting an owl cake this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment