Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Photography 101 - Week 3 (photos getting even worse!)

This week's assignment was to take a marketing picture, which is pretty vague in my book. Well, to be honest, I think all the assignments are pretty vague, but I suppose he wants us to use our imaginations, which I lack.



So of course I waited until the very last minute to take my picture and then I couldn't decide what a "marketing picture" would be, so today I'm selling my lovely NYC coffee cup and the coffee in it. Unfortunately, I'm selling it at work in an office lit by fluorescent lights and about half of them are burned out. I've tried just about every setting I can think of and I just can't seem to get this white balance thing worked out. After about 50 tries, I gave up and this is the picture I submitted. :( I'm not thrilled with it and did I mention that our pictures are shown to the entire class on a big screen TV? Yeah, even less thrilled now! What the heck did people do before editing?

Just for my sanity, I edited the color a little bit. This would be a much better shot if we were allowed to use Photoshop! I guess that would defeat the purpose of this class though, huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment